Saturday, September 29, 2012

Not Impressed

We went to our first cake tasting/consultation today.  It was at Designs By Anne located in Sunnyside Florist.
It sucked.  We have the choice between two bakeries because we chose the package at Bristol Oaks that includes the cake. 
This place was set up very nice and she had some very nice cakes on display.  Problem is, because we were getting the package, we are only allowed the basic cake flavors with white frosting and one of 4 designs.  That's it.  No color, nothing.  In order to get color, it is an upcharge.  Ridiculous.  And she had the personality of a very angry old woman. 
If she was great, or even her cakes were AMAZING, it would be worth the money. 
So, no, we will not be going with Designs By Anne. 
 
In other news, due to our landlord deciding to not write Doom Kitty into our lease, we will not be keeping her.  I am heartbroken, but she will be going to live with one of our ushers, Kyle.  He will take good care of her.  I know I am going to miss her, though.  She is my cuddle buddy.
 
I also am feeling very content right now.  Everything feels so right. 
 
 
Oh, and...
 
tomorrow is my first dress shopping trip! 
Excited, but kind of nervous.
I am so lucky to have my aunt and Angela coming with, but I really wish my mom was well enough to be able to be there, also. 
Even if we got her there, it wouldn't be the same. 
Ah.  No time to be sad!  Time to feel happy and enjoy my wedding planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment